Our patient guides will help you understand specific heart conditions and medical procedures, as well as how to improve your heart health. Whether you are a patient, family member or caregiver, they are useful references and places to track important information.
All of the guides are available for download (pdf) and some are accompanied by videos that provide additional information.
- Cardiac Catheterization & Angioplasty
- Heart Transplant
- ICDs: Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (pdf)
- Pacemaker Implantation (pdf)
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- TAVI: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implant
- Therapeutic Hypothermia (pdf)
University of Ottawa Heart Institute patient guides are available to other health care organizations for use and adaptation, by permission. For more information, contact the Communications Department.