What We Will Do – Mentor and Cardiac Rehabilitation Team Responsibilities
- Assess your cardiovascular risks and identify target areas for change.
- Help you set realistic health, fitness, and weight management goals.
- Provide an individualized program and contact you on a regular basis.
- Teach important skills and concepts in an easy-to-understand way.
- Reassess your progress and adjust your program as needed.
- Keep your records confidential and respect your privacy.
- Check your satisfaction with the program.
What You Will Do – Participant Responsibilities
- Participate in the program on a regular basis.
- Complete the suggested readings between appointments.
- Report any unusual health problems, symptoms or injuries that occur.
- Report any medication changes.
- Be on time for all scheduled appointments.
- Be available weekdays for appointments.
- Notify your mentor within 24 hours if you are unable to keep an appointment.
- Contact your mentor to schedule your next contact if you miss a call.
Attendance and Discharge Policies
- The three-month program usually involves 11 contacts (one onsite visit and 10 phone calls). The call frequency may be adjusted as negotiated between you and your mentor.
- It is important you accept only those appointments you intend to keep. If you want to stop the program, please notify your mentor.
- We may close your file if there has been no contact with you for more than two weeks unless previously agreed upon with your mentor.
You can reach your Case-Managed Home Program mentor at 613-696-7000:
Sandra: Ext. 16776
Guy-Anne: Ext. 18177
Gareth: Ext. 19383
Farnaz: Ext. 17949
Cardiac Rehabilitation: Staying On Track
Congratulations on completing the program and for making a commitment to a heart-healthy lifestyle! Please keep this on your fridge or somewhere you can see it easily.