To be determined.
The applicant must be a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with diploma or Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BScN) to be considered for this position.
Experience in clinical cardiology and/or coordination of clinical research is an asset.
- Coordinate and implement investigator initiated or industry sponsored clinical research protocols.
- Function as a team member in the implementation of multi-centre or larger complex clinical research projects.
- Screen, recruit, assess, consent and follow-up of research subjects as appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain patient research files, complete case report forms, data entry, and schedule appointments.
- Prepare applications, renewals or amendments for REB Committee review, and assist with and maintain up-to-date REB filing for all projects.
- Participate in preparation of manuscripts or future grant submissions.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
- Excellent interpersonal, supervisory, organizational and planning skills to work effectively in a high pressure environment and have the ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Ability to communicate effectively general and medical information, both verbally and in writing at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions. Good judgement, initiative, tact and professional attitude in the workplace.
- Adaptable, flexible and resourceful. High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation, and ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and progress with minimal supervision.
- Phlebotomy certification/experience, experience with lab specimen preparation and shipments.
- Experience working in an academic/research environment.
- Very good computer skills, demonstrated ability to modify/edit documents using track changes. Required computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Capacity and willing to learn new software, research methods, and work routines quickly. Flexibility in responding to new research opportunities as they arise.
Please e-mail CVs at email@example.com.
The successful candidate will be required, prior to the start of employment, to complete mandatory organizational training available online, provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and provide an official piece of photo identification.
Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process relating to any specialty requirements. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.