As soon as possible.
Reporting to the Vice President, Public Affairs, the Director spearheads the public affairs portfolio of corporate communications, French Language Services, and community outreach. The Director serves as a key advisor, provides support and guidance to the Vice-President, Public Affairs in the development, and implementation and monitoring of the UOHI Public Affairs Plan. The Director preserves, protects and enhances the UOHI’s corporate reputation as a leading cardiovascular centre by providing strategic direction and leadership.
The Director of Communications is also responsible for managing the daily operations of the communications team, responsible for portfolios including public relations, branding and graphic design, media relations, digital and web communications, social media, corporate publications, and internal communications, while ensuring the strategic development and execution of institutional priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of corporate communications’ experience.
- Oral and written fluency in both French and English languages.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in healthcare a strong asset.
- Excellent communications skills - written and verbal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience developing communications plans.
- Strong knowledge of local, national and international media.
- Strong knowledge of social media.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and competing priorities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to negotiate.
- Strong capacity to manage risk, crisis and sensitive issues.
- Professionalism and experience to operate effectively at a senior level with media, government, corporate leaders.
- Experience and ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced situations.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and includes a benefits package.
To Apply :
Please forward a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The Ottawa Heart Institute is an equal opportunity employer.