Full-time laboratory post-doctoral fellowship position available from July 1, 2021. The lab focuses on stem cells, exosomes, regeneration and cardiac electrophysiology (davislab.ca).
- Perform sterile tissue culture techniques to grow and maintain cells.
- Perform flow cytometry, FISH and PCR analysis and in vivo experiments.
- Perform immunostaining/immunohistochemistry and help optimize techniques.
- Analyze data and maintain clear and accurate data records.
- Use sterile techniques to avoid contaminating lab experiments.
- Independently identify additional tasks (other than those assigned) which need to be performed.
- Use appropriate safety procedures for handling, storage, and disposal of biohazards.
- Assist in the training of new lab personnel.
- Edit scientific papers.
- Pre-surgical preparation (including pre-anesthetic induction, intubation, and sterile preparation of animal and instruments).
- Surgical assistance (anesthesia, circulation and scrub nursing).
- Post-operative recovery of animals, daily drug administration.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge of and experience with cell culture.
- Experience with vector/cloning, viral vector preparation, gene cloning, site directed mutagenesis, PCR and protein biochemistry is preferred.
- Research lab experience.
- PhD or MD degree.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communications skills, sound judgment, and ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- High level of adaptability.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and integrate new techniques and methodologies.
Qualified candidates should send a short letter of introduction describing their career path and previous expertise, their CV, and the names of three references to email@example.com.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a record of a strong work ethic and enthusiasm to work independently while being part of a research team.
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process relating to any specialty requirements. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
The successful candidate will be required, prior to the start of employment, to complete mandatory organizational training available online, provide a satisfactory criminal record check and provide an official piece of photo identification.