As soon as possible.
To provide technical support for scientific research using MRI as assigned based on research funding and needs.
- Operate the 3T PET/MRI scanner for human imaging following the CMRTO Standards of Practice.
- Perform image processing activities as required (i.e. processing of images, saving softcopy images, evaluating image quality).
- Perform basic quality control testing and equipment warm-up procedures.
- Ensure proper participant preparation for examination as required, including MRI safety screening.
- Explain procedure to participant and establish consent.
- Inject MRI contrast media (by hand or via power injector) where applicable. Must have IV certification.
- Report all incidents to appropriate personnel and participate in follow-up action as required.
- Actively participate in in-house education programs.
- Review all pertinent documents/manuals annually or as required, including: Technical Protocols, Policies and Procedures, WHIMIS, Emergency Procedures, Infection Control, CMRTO Standards of Practice, CPR.
- Provide up to date availability in a timely manner to the Unit Manager.
- Work under the supervision of the Head PET/MRI Technologist and the Unit Manager.
- Registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) in MRI.
- Ability to perform diagnostic imaging procedures (MRI) to professional standards.
- CPR C certified.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Ability to be flexible in order to meet the needs of a variety of research protocols.
- Enjoys working with research participants.
- Knowledge about cross-sectional anatomy.
- Ability to work closely with principal investigators (PI) and their study team.
- Ability for logical, independent problem solving, and attention to detail and process.
- Experience in a research imaging environment an asset.
- Spoken and written French an asset.
- Completion of TCPS 2 and GCP with ICH E6(R2) training an asset.
- Familiarity with human research study requirements and guidelines an asset.
Please e-mail CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process relating to any specialty requirements. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
The successful candidate will be required, prior to the start of employment, to complete mandatory organizational training available online, provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and provide an official piece of photo identification.