July or August, 2019.
Occasional evenings or weekends may be required.
The program officer is responsible for leading, developing, and implementing communications activities of the OMSC for both internal and external audiences. This includes communications and marketing initiatives targeting the public and/or target populations, as well as strategies to keep network partners connected and informed. Also, responsible for supporting the planning, operations and special projects work of division wide smoking cessation programs. The program officer will work closely with program managers to ensure high quality outcomes.
- Lead and coordinate the annual Ottawa conference, special events and workshops.
- Coordinate professional education and training events (in person or remote) for health professionals including personnel, scheduling, logistics, materials, equipment and budget.
- Oversee development, production, inventory and updates of all program materials and resources (ENG & FR).
- Coordinate and create internal and external communication strategies and act as a resource for communications activities in support of OMSC.
- Coordinate and conduct formative research (e.g. focus groups) as required.
- Manage content development of OMSC website. This includes coordinating the addition of new content (in consultation with OMSC leadership) and ensuring site content is up-to-date.
- Support the development of OMSC planning documents and status reports.
- Maintain up-to-date contact lists and content management directories.
- Develop and implement mechanism for regular updates within network membership (e.g. e-learning, e-newsletter).
- Liaise with partner groups, stakeholders, consultants, and vendors.
- Participate in division-wide smoking cessation program activities.
- College or university degree with 3 years’ related experience or equivalent.
- Previous experience in project management and managing budgets.
- Previous experience in event planning and coordination.
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency with computer software packages (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Works effectively and efficiently in fast-paced, deadline-driven environments as a team member and individually with minimal supervision.
- Excellent general office and organizational skills.
- Excellent planning skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize (multi-tasking skills).
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is considered an asset.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Project coordination skills.
- Previous experience with website maintenance.
Please e-mail CVs at email@example.com.
Accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process relating to any specialty requirements. Applicants should make their needs known in advance.
The successful candidate will be required prior to the start of employment to complete mandatory organizational training available online, provide a satisfactory criminal record check and provide an official piece of photo identification.