Under the direction of the Manager Client Technologies, the incumbent will provide leadership and technical expertise for client technologies including desktop imaging, virtual desktops and other computer peripherals. This senior role will be an instrumental role within the Client Technologies team and will help build a team culture of excellence, drive best practices and implement leading edge technology.
In June 2019, UOHI will be going live with a shared Epic Health Information System. This system will digitalize all aspects of patient care across the Heart Institute. The impact will be a significant increase in volume and complexity of end-user client technologies, including virtual desktop, desktop computers, workstations on wheels, multi-faceted printing technology and mobile devices.
- Work with the Manager, Client Technologies to build the strength and capabilities of the team.
- Provide technical expertise and overview of client-facing technologies.
- Demonstrate and guide best practices, repeatable processes and technical excellence.
- Model maturity in processes, documentation and technical change management.
- Work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team to partner in the delivery of excellent solutions.
- Coach and support other team members.
- 5 years’ direct work experience with physical desktop management and imaging including:
- Desktop management experience with building Windows images, centralized patch deployment, application deployment and IT asset management.
- 3 years’ direct work experience with virtual desktop management including:
- Vmware Horizon technology.
- Gold image management.
- Hosted application management.
- Thin and zero client technology.
- Virtual desktop security best practices.
- Vmware vRealize Operations Manager an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in quality management processes for client deployments.
- Imprivata single-sign-on and identity management will be considered an asset.
- Experience with mobile device management an asset.
- Strong expertise with MS Windows 10 and Microsoft active directory.
- Experience in a hospital environment or with an Epic Health Information System would be added-value.
- Ability to influence and be a strong contributor to an excellent team culture.
- Attention to detail that builds on a foundation of technical strength.
- Above average organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Adept at reading, writing and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Very good interpersonal skills and coaching.
- Team player with ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse workforce.
- Strong systems analysis and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.
Time management, leadership skills and the ability to work independently.
Please e-mail CV’s at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
The successful candidate will be required, prior to the start of employment, to complete mandatory organizational training available online, provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and provide an official piece of photo identification.