Cardiac caregiving and the psychological, emotional, physical, social and financial stresses that may come with it poses health risks for the caregiver. Mounting evidence suggests caregivers (defined as those who provide informal, unpaid care to a loved one with a chronic condition or disability) may be at an elevated risk for developing cardiovascular disease themselves.
To this end, the University of Ottawa Heart Institute’s Division of Cardiac Prevention and Rehabilitation is launching stress management classes designed specifically for cardiac caregivers.
This 6-week program runs from January 14 to February 18, 2020.
- communication strategies,
- meditation and mindfulness,
- unhelpful thinking habits,
- self-care and caregiver challenges, and more.
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, ON.
Information and registration
- Esther Doucette at 613-696-7390 or
- Linda Varas-Brule at 613-696-7399