An educational discharge class for patients and their families. This class is suitable for patients who have had a heart attack, those who have coronary artery disease, and their families.
At the end of the class, participants should be able to do the following:
- Understand how coronary artery disease develops and know the difference between angina and heart attack.
- Know their risk factors and how to prevent new blockages.
- Discuss the physical and emotional healing process after a heart attack.
- Understand the importance of medications and follow-up.
- Know what to do if they experience further symptoms.
Note: If you are unable to access the class via the URL provided, you may join the session via telephone. Dial 1-613-696-7010, enter the access code 701-013-122, then press pound (#) at the start time indicated.
Attention: The presenters ask participating patients and families not to include identifying information when joining this webinar. Do not use your full name. Disable your camera and microphone during the class. Do not use the chat function unless you are comfortable asking questions to the group.
No registration required.
Please dial 613-696-7000 ext. 0 and ask to speak to the cardiology nursing coordinator.