An educational discharge class for patients and their loved one(s) after heart surgery. This class is directed to those who are or will be recovering after heart surgery.
Upon completion of the session, participants should be able to:
- Understand the normal process of healing after heart surgery and what to expect.
- Identify what to do and who to contact if they have new or worsening symptoms after discharge.
- Understand the interventions that can help them heal after heart surgery, including incision care, sternal precautions, and glucose management.
- Discuss the physical and emotional healing process after heart surgery.
- Understand the importance of medications and follow-up appointments, including with their surgeon, cardiologist, family doctor and cardiac rehabilitation team after heart surgery.
Understand the importance of medications and follow-up appointments, including with their surgeon, cardiologist, family doctor and cardiac rehabilitation team after heart surgery.
Note: If you are unable to access the class via the URL provided, you may join the session via telephone by dialling 1-613-737-8999 ext. 218147, then press pound (#) at the start time indicated.
Attention: The presenters ask participating patients and families not to include identifying information when joining this webinar. Do not use your full name. Disable your camera and microphone during the class. Do not use the chat function unless you are comfortable asking questions to the group.
Please dial 613-696-7000 ext. 0 and ask to speak to the surgical nursing coordinator.