An educational class for patients and their loved ones to learn about women’s heart health. This class is directed to women who have experienced a cardiac event or are at risk.
Upon completion of the session, participants should be able to:
- Understand the specific features of women’s heart health.
- Better understand the signs and symptoms related to heart disease in women.
- Identify what to do and who to contact if symptoms worsen.
- Understand the interventions that can help to identify or diagnose heart conditions.
- Discuss the importance of nutritional, physical and emotional health.
- Understand the importance of medications and follow-up appointments, including with the cardiologist and cardiac rehabilitation team after a heart event.
This class is organized through Microsoft Teams. Please click the join button below to connect.
Note: If you are unable to access the class via the URL provided, you may join the session via telephone. Call 1-613-696-7010 or 1-844-977-7010, enter 701-014-196 as the participant room ID, then press pound (#) at the start time indicated.
Attention: The presenters ask participating patients and families not to include identifying information when joining this webinar. Do not use your last name.
Please call 613-696-7000 ext. 14196 and ask to speak to the Women’s Heart Health Clinic nurse.