Mini-Symposium: Redesigning Care through a Heart Team Approach
2016 Canadian Cardiovascular Congress
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Palais des congrès de Montréal
1001 Place Jean-Paul-Riopelle, Montréal
5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Heart Teams ensure better and faster access to care by focusing on what is best for each individual patient and integrating the combined expertise of highly skilled healthcare professionals from various specialties.
This special event will explore the clinical impact of a heart team approach.
Dr Ross A. Davies, Cardiologist, University of Ottawa Heart Institute
Unveiling of Results of a Pan Canadian Survey on Heart Teams
Heather Sherrard, Executive Vice-President, Clinical Services and Chief Nursing Officer, University of Ottawa Heart Institute
Panel Discussion - Is There a Canadian Heart Teams Model?
- Moderator: Kori Kingsbury, President and CEO, Cardiac Care Network of Ontario
- The Vancouver Experience - Dr Andrew Krahn, Chief of Cardiology, Vancouver Hospital
- The Montreal Experience - Dr Louis Perreault, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon, Institut de cardiologie de Montréal
- The Ottawa Experience – Dr Thierry Mesana, President and CEO, University of Ottawa Heart Institute
Questions and Answers Session
This accredited symposium is co-developed with the Canadian Cardiovascular Society, and the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, and is planned to ensure the evidence presented is valid, objective and balanced.
Through an agreement between the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert Royal College MOC credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Live educational activities, occurring in Canada, recognized by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada as Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) are deemed by the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) eligible for ECMEC credits.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the Canadian landscape related to heart teams
- Share learnings from existing teams
- Provide a framework for heart teams for organizations considering heart teams
Registration is not required.