The University of Ottawa Heart Institute is launching a special video series on atrial fibrillation. More than 350,000 Canadians currently have atrial fibrillation.
This series is also available in French.
For more information, please see the Institute’s Living with Atrial Fibrillation Patient Guide.
Part 1: The Normal Heart and Atrial Fibrillation
- The normal heart
- How atrial fibrillation is different
- Different types of atrial fibrillation
- Symptoms and risk factors for developing atrial fibrillation
Part 2: Diagnostic Testing and Treatments
- Types of diagnostic testing
- Treatments options
Part 3: Atrial Fibrillation and Stroke
- Why AF can increase your risk of stroke
- The signs of stroke
- Stroke prevention
Part 4: Living Well with Atrial Fibrillation
- Leading a heart-healthy lifestyle
- How you can tell when your AF is under control
- What to do if you have symptoms