Whether you’re cheering for the Los Angeles Rams or the New England Patriots (ugh, really?) this weekend, here are some healthy(er) snack options to help you get the most out of Super Bowl LIII.
All of these winning snack combinations have been sourced, tried and tasted by Kathleen Turner, a Registered Dietitian at the Heart Institute.
- Patriotic about chili? This meatless option from Chef Michael Smith is the Tom Brady of vegetarian chilies.
- You’ll want to Ram your nacho chips or toasted pitas into this roasted red pepper dip.
- Your Super Bowl fam will go nuts for these spicy mixed nuts.
- These firey spiced chickpeas hit harder than an Aaron Donald sack.
- Enjoy the half-time show with some cajun-style popcorn.
I don’t cheer for either team, but one thing I can root for is good nutritious food. Super Bowl weekend is a great opportunity to eat delicious foods while having some fun with friends and family, too. These recipes should do the trick!
- Kathleen Turner, Registered Dietitian at the Heart Institute