The goal of CardioPrevent® is to help people with risk factors lower their chances of having cardiovascular disease (CVD). Program staff will develop a tailored, personalized plan to improve participants’ well-being and quality of life.
The program is FREE and accepts individuals who are at moderate to high risk for CVD. Program entry requires a physician or nurse practitioner referral and results are shared with the referring physician.
- Appointments where you will meet your own personal CardioPrevent facilitator, who will make you aware of your risk factors and develop your own personal risk reduction plan
- Regular follow-up support and guidance
- A personalized educational package tailored to your cardiovascular risk factors
- Referrals to services that will help you to meet your personal goals
The CardioPrevent staff will support you in your program and make sure it works for you.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be referred by a physician or nurse practitioner (see referral form below)
- Have moderate to high risk for CVD (score determined based on results from physician)
- Have no known CVD or cerebrovascular disease
Are You at Risk?
Use our online tool to assess your risk for cardiovascular disease and discover how to register for our program.