Tayebeh Hadizad is Head Radiochemist of the radiochemistry facility at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Cardiac PET Centre.
Tayebeh Hadizad received her PhD in Organic Chemistry from Carleton University, Ottawa in 2007. She pursued her postdoctoral research at the National Cardiac PET Centre, University of Ottawa Heart Institute focusing on design, radiosynthesis and characterization of novel 11C-AT1 receptor ligands and completed the pre-clinical studies of the radiotracers. She was then recruited as a research scientist and developed methods to synthesize several 11C and 18F radiotracers. In 2012, she became the radiochemistry laboratory production manager and since June 2014, she is acting as a head radiochemist at the National Cardiac PET Centre of the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.
Tayebeh has over 20 years of experiences in research, design and synthesis of novel radiotracers being used for pre-clinical and clinical investigations both in PET and SPECT.
Hadizad is interested in the research and development of the cardiovascular, neurological and oncological imaging agents. She is currently investigating novel probes for pre-clinical and clinical investigations using PET.
- Arksey, N., Hadizad, T., Ismail, B., Valdivia, A.C., Beanlands, R.S., deKemp, R.A., DaSilva, J.N. (2014) . Synthesis and evaluation of the novel 2-[18F]fluoro-3-propoxy-teiazole-pyridine-substituted losartan for imaging AT1 receptors. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 22(15): 3931-3937.
- Lortie, M., DaSilva, J.N., Kirkpatrick, S.A., Hadizad, T ., Ismail, B.A., Beanlands, R.S.B., deKemp, R.A. (2013) . Nucl. Med, Biol . 40(2): 252-61.
- Valdivia, A.C., Estrada, M., Hadizad, T., Stewart, D.J., Beanlands, R.S., DaSilva, J.N. ( 2012 ). A fast, simple and reproducible automated synthesis of [18F]FPyKYNE-c(RGDyK) for avb3 receptor PET imaging. J. Label. Comp. Radiopharm, 55: 57-60.
- Zhang, Y., DaSilva, J.N., Hadizad, T., Thorn, S., Kuraitis, D., Renaud, J.M., Ahmadi, A., Kordos, M., deKemp, R.A., Beanlands, R.S., Suuronen, E.J., Ruel, M. ( 2012 ). 18F-FDG cell labeling may underestimate transplanted cell homing: More accurate, efficient and stable cell labeling with Hexadecyl-4-[18F]fluorobenzoate for in vivo tracking of transplanted human progenitor cells by positron emission tomography. Cell Transplantations, March 28: 1555-3892 .
- Hadizad, T., Collins, J., Antoun, R.E., Beanlands, R.S., DaSilva, J.N. ( 2011 ). [11C]Methyl-losartan as a potential ligand for PET imaging angiotensin II AT1 receptors. J. Label. Comp. Radiopharm . 54: 754-757.
- Arksey, N., Valdivia, A.C., Collins, J., Hadizad, T., Beanlands, R.S., DaSilva, J.N. ( 2011 ). Synthesis of novel F-18 labeled fluoropyridine analog of losartan for PET imaging of AT1 receptors. J. Nucl. Med. 52: Supplement 1. 1490.
- Zhang, Y., Hadizad, T., DaSilva, J.N., Thorn, S., Renaud, J.M., Kuraitis, D., Mesana, T.G., Kordos, M., deKemp, R.A., Beanlands, R.S., Suuronen, E.J., Ruel, M. ( 2010 ). Improved stem cell tracking after intramyocardial injection by hexadecyl-4-[18F]fluorobenzoate labeling with positron emission tomography. Circulation , 122: A18167.
- Hadizad, T., Kirkpatrick, S.A., Mason, S., Burns, K., Beanlands, R.S., DaSilva, J.N. ( 2009 ). New O-[11C]methylated derivatives of candesartan as angiotensin II AT1 receptor imaging ligands: Radiosynthesis and ex vivo evaluation in rats. Bioorg. Med. Chem , 17: 7971-7977.
- Kirkpatrick, S., Lortie, M., Hadizad.T., Burns, K., deKemp, R.A., Beanlands, R.S., DaSilva, J.N. ( 2009 ). [11C]Methyl-candesartan displays binding specificity for angiotensin II AT1 receptors. J. Nucl. Med. 50: Supplement 2. 301.
- Hadizad, T., Mason, S., Collins, J., Kirkpatrick, S., Beanlands, R.S., DaSilva, J.N. ( 2009 ). Radiosynthesis of [11C]methyl-losartan, a potential imaging agent for angiotensin AT1 receptors. J. Label. Comp. Radiopharm, 52: S426.
- Hadizad, T., Zhang, J., Yan, D., Wang, Z.Y., Serbena, J.P.M., Meruvia, M.S., Hummelgen, I.A. ( 2007 ). Synthesis, morphology and device characterizations of a new organic semiconductor based on 2,6-diphenylindenofluorene, J. Mater. Sci: Mater. Electron , 18: 903-912.
- Py, C., Gorjanc, T.C., Hadizad, T., Zhang, J., Wang, Z.Y. ( 2006 ). Hole mobility and electroluminescence properties of a dithiophene indenofluorene, J.Vac.Sci.Technol. A , 24: 654-656.
- Serbena, J.P.M., Hummelgen, I.A., Hadizad, T., Wang, Z.Y. ( 2006 ). Hybrid permeable-base transistors based on an indenofluorene derivative, Small , 2: 372-374.
- Hadizad, T., Zhang, J., Wang, Z.Y., Gorjanc, T.C., Py, C. ( 2005 ). A general synthetic route to indenofluorene derivatives as new organic semiconductors, Organic letters , 7: 795-797.
- Weir, C.A.M., Hadizad, T., Beaudin, A.M.R., Wang, Z.Y. ( 2003 ). Efficient synthesis and decomposition study of optically nonlinear adducts of tetracyanoquinodimethane, Tetrahedron letters , 44: 4697-4700.