WHO WE ARE
The University of Ottawa Heart Institute (UOHI) is Canada’s largest heart health centre. Our goal is to understand, treat and prevent heart disease through excellent patient care, research and teaching. We care for the local, national, and international community and are leading the way into a new era in heart health.
Patients Come First
- We provide the best cardiac care to all of our patients. We measure success by our ability to respond to the needs of the patients, families, and communities we serve.
- We work together in teams built on trust and respect. We share our ideas, knowledge, and information to understand, treat and prevent heart disease.
- We believe that the best care is not possible without the support of research and education.
- We see change as an opportunity to do better, and we constantly measure the quality of the care that we provide so that we can reach the highest standards of safe patient care.
- We want to influence health care, education and research nationally and internationally.
- We are committed to transparency, honesty, and professionalism.
- We seek to work closely with other health facilities, research institutions, universities, industry, government and the private sector to provide better care to our patients and improve all areas of health care.
- Patient and family-centered care are at the heart of everything we do. We meet our goal when we involve patients and caregivers in decisions that affect care and research at the institute.