6th International Ottawa Heart Conference • Precision Medicine in Cardiovascular Disease
April 26-27, 2018 • National Arts Centre, Ottawa
This 1.5 day event held April 26 and 27 at the National Arts Centre in downtown Ottawa will focus on Precision Medicine in Cardiovascular Disease and will highlight recent advancements and breakthroughs in preventing and treating cardiovascular disease in a precise targeted manner. The conference will feature some of the latest in systems biology, big data analytics, biomarkers, disease-in-a-dish modelling and personalized health innovations. The science will address impacts on cardiometabolic diseases, atherosclerosis, cardiac arrhythmias and heart failure.
This accredited event will bring together translational scientists, clinician scientists, cardiologists and trainees in cardiovascular science, and will facilitate scientific dialogue, exchange of information, and networking that will enable international collaborative opportunities. Additional sessions outside of plenary lectures will include a trainee career networking event and a public lecture.
Distinguished speakers include:
- Kiran Musunuru, MD, PhD, MPH, FAHA, Dr. Musunuru is an Associate Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine and Genetics in the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Joseph C. Wu, MD, PhD, Director of the Stanford Cardiovascular Institute and Simon H. Stertzer Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and Radiology at the Stanford School of Medicine.
- Katey Rayner, Director of the Cardiometabolic microRNA Laboratory.
- William (Bill) L. Stanford, Director of the Ottawa Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Facility, Director of the High Content Imaging Core Facility at the OHRI, and a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Integrative Stem Cell Biology.
- Zachary Laksman, MD, SPH Atrial Fibrillation Clinic Director, SPH Inherited Arrhythmia Clinic
See the list of speakers confirmed for 2018:
The 2018 Conference will be held at the National Arts Centre