Aortic diseases can affect people at any age. They are complex illnesses that must be continually monitored.
The Aortic Clinic is a multi-disciplinary clinic that brings together a cardiac surgeon, a cardiologist and a registered nurse to provide comprehensive patient care.
Referring a Patient
Patients must be referred to the clinic by a health care practitioner and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Aortic disease, including aneurysm or pseudoaneurysm, dissection, penetrating ulcer, intramural hematoma or aortitis
- Aortic disease involving the aortic root, ascending aorta, aortic arch, and/or descending thoracic aorta
- Aortic pathology associated with connective tissue disorders, e.g., Marfan’s syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos, Loeys-Deitz
- History of familial aortopathy
- History of bicuspid aortic valve associated with aortopathy
- Previous surgical repair of Type A aortic dissection
To refer a patient, please review our referral criteria and submit the referral as outlined on the form:
- Referral form (pdf)