Aortic diseases can affect people at any age. They are complex illnesses that must be continually monitored.
The Aortic Clinic is a multi-disciplinary clinic that brings together a cardiac surgeon, a cardiologist and a registered nurse to provide comprehensive patient care.
Referring a Patient
Patients must be referred to the clinic by a health care practitioner and must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Aortic disease, including aneurysm or pseudoaneurysm, dissection, penetrating ulcer, intramural hematoma or aortitis
- Aortic disease involving the aortic root, ascending aorta, aortic arch, and/or descending thoracic aorta
- Aortic pathology associated with connective tissue disorders, e.g., Marfan’s syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos, Loeys-Deitz
- History of familial aortopathy
- History of bicuspid aortic valve associated with aortopathy
- Previous surgical repair of Type A aortic dissection
To refer a patient, please review our referral criteria and submit the referral as outlined on the form:
- Referral form (pdf)
Aortic Diseases Support Group
Group sessions will take place on the 3rd Tuesday of every other month. Patients with a history of an aortic aneurysm, aortic surgery or aortic dissection and their family are welcome to attend. Sessions will be posted in our Events Calendar.
Any questions or comments, please contact Kathryn McLean, Nurse Coordinator, Aortic Clinic at 613-696-7237 or email to email@example.com.