The inaugural City-wide Division of Cardiology Academic Half-day, held November 5, 2014, was a continuing professional development event that provided up-to-date coverage of a variety of topics related to cardiovascular medicine.
Sponsored by the University of Ottawa Heart Institute, the program included presentations by leading physicians from the Heart Institute and The Ottawa Hospital.
The full program is available for viewing using the video links below.
- Paradigm-HF: A New Era in Heart Failure Management?
Lisa M Mielniczuk, MD, FRCPC
- Atrial Fibrillation – Management of AF in “2033”
Girish Nair, MD, FRCPC
- TAVI: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation at UOHI in 2014
Christopher Glover, MD, FRCPC
- Cardiac MRI
Alexander Dick, MD, FRCPC
- Update in Critical Care Medicine: Weaning & Extubation
Bernard McDonald, MD, PhD, FRCPC
- Hospital/Ventilator Associated Pneumonia in 15 Minutes or Less
Kathryn N. Suh, MD, FRCPC
- Diabetes Update: New Guidelines and Therapies
Amel Arnaout, MD, FRCPC
- Update on Direct Oral Anticoagulants
Philip S Wells, MD, FRCPC
Continuing Professional Development
- Power Point Outline
Robert Bell, MD, FRCPC
We would like to acknowledge the unrestricted educational support from Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer. Filming and editing was performed by inMotion.