Professional development encompasses all aspects of cardiovascular medicine and patient care.
Cardiac Nursing Series (CNS)
The Cardiac Nursing Series is presented by the Heart Institute to provide up-to-date information for nurses and health care professionals to advance and/or review the care and management of patients with acute and chronic cardiac conditions.
The day-long sessions are offered twice a year to interested nurses and other healthcare professionals. The series covers various topics:
- Cardiac Assessment and Diagnostics
- Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome and 12-Lead ECG Interpretation
- Electrophysiology, Pacemakers & Defibrillators
- Heart Failure, Cardiac Assist Devices & Cardiac Surgery
Watch a recording of the CNS, held on November 23, 2023:
- Journey of a patient with arrythmia (YouTube)
APN Educational Series
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) Educational Series presents Heart Institute APNs sharing their experience and expertise in a variety of specialty areas. The video series provides state-of-the-art information and case studies in subjects such as cardiology, cardiac surgery, heart failure, transplantation, adult congenital heart disease, pulmonary hypertension and cardiac telehealth. The material is relevant to nurses working in a variety of care settings, from general to specialized.