Our patient guides will help you understand specific heart conditions and medical procedures, as well as how to improve your heart health. Whether you are a patient, family member or caregiver, they are useful references and places to track important information.
Each guide is tailored to a specific diagnosis or treatment plan. Please ensure you are reviewing the appropriate material for your individual care plan.
- Cardiac Catheterization & Angioplasty
- Complex Ablation
- Electrophysiology Studies and Standard Ablation
- Heart Transplant
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Recovering from Cardiac Surgery
- TAVI: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implant
- Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Waiting for Cardiac Surgery
Your Guide to the Institute
University of Ottawa Heart Institute patient guides are available to other health care organizations for use and adaptation, by permission. For more information, contact the Communications Department.