The Ottawa Cardiovascular Research Day will be held virtually on May 10, 2021.
The Ottawa Cardiovascular Research Day will celebrate the region’s research excellence through moderated oral presentations and poster sessions. It is an excellent venue for trainees to showcase their outstanding projects, hone their presentation skills, and network with faculty and colleagues.
This event is open to all cardiovascular research trainees in the Ottawa region and will be held in a virtual format.
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts is now open! Submit your abstracts.
Abstract submission deadline: February 19, 2021.
Abstracts can be submitted in English or French.
We are very pleased to host Dr. Peter Macdonald, an international leader in cardiothoracic transplantation, donor organ preservation and donation after circulatory death, as the event’s keynote speaker.
Event prizes recognize the best oral presentations and posters, and includes:
Ottawa Cardiovascular Region Trainee of the Year
Contact Research Services for nomination information.
Coralie Lalonde Innovation Award Winner
For the most “innovative” abstract.
- Dr. Yves Marcel Award for the Best Basic Science Oral Presentation
- Honourable Mention for a Basic Science Oral Presentation
- Award for the Best Basic Science Poster
- Honourable Mention for a Basic Science Poster
- Polk Award for the Best Clinical Science Oral Presentation
- Honourable Mention for a Clinical Science Oral Presentation
- Award for the Best Clinical Science Poster
- Honourable Mention for a Clinical Science Poster
- Keynote lecture by Peter Macdonald, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, University of New South Wales; Medical Director Heart Transplant Unit, St Vincent’s Hospital; and Head, Transplantation Research Laboratory, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute
- Ottawa Region Trainee of the Year Lecture and other trainee awards
- Oral presentations and moderated poster sessions
- Awards ceremony