The Ottawa Cardiovascular Research Day will be held virtually on May 10, 2021.
The Ottawa Cardiovascular Research Day will celebrate the region’s research excellence through moderated oral presentations and poster sessions. It is an excellent venue for trainees to showcase their outstanding projects, hone their presentation skills, and network with faculty and colleagues.
This event is open to all cardiovascular research trainees in the Ottawa region and will be held in a virtual format.
Registration Closes May 9th at 12PM
This year we ask attendees to complete a brief registration survey. One week prior to the event, registrants will receive an email containing program materials, instructions and links to access the virtual sessions.
Download the 2021 Research Day Guide:
We are very pleased to host Dr. Peter Macdonald, an international leader in cardiothoracic transplantation, donor organ preservation and donation after circulatory death, as the event’s keynote speaker.
Event prizes recognize the best oral presentations and posters, and includes:
Ottawa Region’s Cardiovascular Trainee of the Year
Congratulations to Adil Rasheed, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, selected as the Ottawa Region’s Cardiovascular Research Trainee of the Year! Read more…
Innovation Award Winner
For the most “innovative” abstract.
- Dr. Yves Marcel Award for the Best Basic Science Oral Presentation
- Honourable Mention for a Basic Science Oral Presentation
- Award for the Best Basic Science Poster
- Honourable Mention for a Basic Science Poster
- Polk Award for the Best Clinical Science Oral Presentation
- Honourable Mention for a Clinical Science Oral Presentation
- Award for the Best Clinical Science Poster
- Honourable Mention for a Clinical Science Poster
- Keynote lecture by Peter Macdonald, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, University of New South Wales; Medical Director Heart Transplant Unit, St Vincent’s Hospital; and Head, Transplantation Research Laboratory, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute
- Ottawa Region Trainee of the Year Lecture and other trainee awards
- Oral presentations and moderated poster sessions
- Awards ceremony