The Office of Research Services provides broad-based support to all University of Ottawa Heart Institute researchers. Activities and support provided by the Research Services Office include:
- Ongoing communication for everything research related: This includes information on funding opportunities, seminars and other useful internal and external information.
- Support during the Pre-Award processes: Administrative Review for all grant applications.
- Support during the Post-Award processes: Setting up OHIRC research accounts, assistance in obtaining all ethical documentation for the timely release of funds and guidance in allowed expenditures and etc.
- Management of the UOHI Internal Grant Review Program and other reviews and competitions.
- Scientist performance management: Coordination of the annual Scientists Review and Performance Evaluation process, metrics of research and benchmarking.
- Oversight of Research Management processes: Coordinating internal committee meetings, coordinating education and discussion sessions for faculty members, facilitating collaborations through affiliation with the University and the Hospital.
- Clinical Research support: Providing assistance with submissions to the Ottawa Health Science Network Research Ethics Board and/or Clinical Trial Applications to Health Canada.
- Support to trainees: Managing the UOHI travel awards process, assistance with coordination of Work In Progress rounds and linkages with the University of Ottawa.
- Support for infrastructure and core resources:<> Management and coordination of service contracts, repairs to institute supported equipment, statistical software licenses and organizing product seminars and training.
- Organization/liaison of annual conferences: including the Ottawa International Heart Conference, trainee Research Day and the International Toronto Ottawa Heart Summit.
Research Services Team:
Alison Hosey, PhD
Manager, Research Services
Ann Nguyen, MSc
Senior Research Services Officer
Sharon Finlay, RN, CCRP
Clinical Research Manager
Core Resource Technician
The Ottawa Hospital - Civic Campus
751 Parkdale Avenue
Ottawa ON K1Y 1J7