Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting
The BD FACSAria™ III sorter is built on the solid foundation of patented technologies, superior multicolor performance, and legendary ease-of-use that opened the complex world of cell sorting to a broader audience of researchers and wider range of applications.
The fluidics and optical systems are precisely integrated to maximize signal detection.
A patented flow cell with gel-coupled cuvette and patented octagon and trigon detection system allow the system to achieve unrivaled sensitivity and resolution.
High Resolution Imaging
The Zeiss Elyra S.1 LSM 880 with Airyscan confocal laser scanning microscope offers high-sensitivity, enhanced 3D resolution in x, y and z, and high-image acquisition speed in one system.
Airyscan, a multichannel area detector with 32 elements collecting all light from an Airy disk simultaneously, achieves a 1.7x higher resolution in all spatial dimensions, leading to better image quality and increased speed.
The LSM 880 is equipped with live imaging capability and superresolution structured illumination (SIM) allowing for fine structural detail imaging. The wide range of fluorescent probes and detectors enables rapid analysis of multiple parameters within one sample.
Equipment available in the Histopathology Laboratory includes:
- Leica CM3050S cryostat for the sectioning of frozen tissues
- Thermo Scientific HM550 crytostat (PDF) for the sectioning of frozen tissues
- Thermo Scientific HistoStarTM embedding centre
- ABI Arcturus XT Laser capture microdissection
- Leica RM2135 fully motorized paraffin rotary microtome
- Thermo Scientific STP-120 tissue processor
- Leica DM2500 LM Upright Microscope
- Zeiss AXIO Fluorescence Microscope
- Molecular Devices GenePix 4000B microarray scanner