The second city-wide Cardiology Academic Half-day was held December 2, 2015. The continuing professional development event provided up-to-date coverage of a variety of topics related to cardiovascular medicine.
Sponsored by the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and chaired by Ross Davies, MD, the program included presentations by leading physicians from the Heart Institute and The Ottawa Hospital.
The program is available for viewing using the video links below.
- LAA Closure Devices for Atrial Fibrillation
Benjamin Hibbert, MD, PhD, FRCPC
- Management of DAPT and OAC after PCI
Derek So, MD, PhD
- Care of the VAD Patient
Ellamae Stadnick, MD, MSc
- What to Do with Anticoagulation for EP Procedures
Calum Redpath, MD, PhD
- SGLT-2 Inhibitors for Type 2 Diabetes
Amel Arnaout, MD
- Point of Care Ultrasound
Scott Millington, MD
- Nosocomial Infections (Other than Pneumonia)
Kathryn Suh, MD
- DVT/PE Diagnosis and Management, Including NOACs
Marc Carrier, MD
Continuing Professional Development
- Use of Social Media in Medical Education
Alireza Jalali, MD,DESMS