OTTAWA - National and international smoking cessation authorities are gathering in Ottawa today to attend the 12th Annual Ottawa Conference: State-of-the-Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation, Canada’s premier event promoting the latest ideas and evidence in clinical tobacco treatment, program development and smoking cessation research. This year’s proceedings take place ahead of National Non-Smoking Week, January 18-24.
- What: The 12th Annual Ottawa Conference: State-of-the-Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation
- When: Today and tomorrow (Jan. 17-18, 2020)
- Where: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Dr, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2
Today’s hot topics:
- Cannabis: What We Know and What the Future Holds, moderated by Dr. David Hammond of University of Waterloo and featuring panellists Dr. Andrew Pipe (UOHI) and Rebecca Jesseman of the Canadian Centre for Substance Use and Addiction.
- Clinical Smoking Cessation in 2020: Contemporary Issues and Contemporary Practice, presented by Dr. Andrew Pipe and Dr. Robert Reid of the UOHI.
- E-cigarettes: Back to the Future, presented by Dr. Stanton Glantz of the University of California.
- It’s Never too Late to Quit! Implementing Cessation Within Cancer Centres, presented by Dr. William Evans of McMaster University.
- And more!
Visit the OMSC conference website for detailed information including timings and locations of all proceedings and speaker biographies.
Leigh B. Morris
University of Ottawa Heart Institute
613-696-7000 ext. 19051 (office)