OTTAWA - National and international smoking cessation authorities are gathering in Ottawa today to attend the second and final day of the 12th Annual Ottawa Conference: State-of-the-Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation, Canada’s premier event promoting the latest ideas and evidence in clinical tobacco treatment, program development and smoking cessation research.
- What: The 12th Annual Ottawa Conference: State-of-the-Art Clinical Approaches to Smoking Cessation
- When: Today (Jan. 18, 2020)
- Where: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Dr, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2
Today’s hot topics:
- Isn’t it Time to Start Talking About Phasing Out Cigarette Sales? Supporting Success in Smoking Cessation by Changing the Policy Environment, presented by Dr. Ruth Malone of the University of San Francisco.
- Smokin’ and Tokin’: Cannabis and Tobacco Co-Use 101, presented by Kate Walker of the UOHI.
- Beyond Selfies and Likes: How to Utilize Social Media Within Your Practice, presented by Dr. Yoni Freedhoff of the Bariatric Medical Institute.
- And more!
Visit the OMSC conference website for detailed information including timings and locations of all proceedings and speaker biographies.
Leigh B. Morris
University of Ottawa Heart Institute
613-696-7000 ext. 19051 (office)