Visiting hours at the Heart Institute are from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. We ask visitors to respect these hours.
Family Lounges are located on the main floor, Cardiac Surgery Intensive Care Unit (CSICU) and the Regional Referral Centre. They are open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and offer privacy to those waiting for results, an update from a doctor after a procedure, or information concerning a critically ill patient. Access to the Family Lounges can be arranged through the volunteers at the front desk in the main lobby.
Latex balloons are not permitted in the Heart Institute because they can pose a danger to patients with latex allergies.
Guidelines for Visitors
- One visitor per patient at a time
- Children under 13 years of age are not permitted to visit
- Visiting for critical care patients must be arranged with the patient’s nurse
- Do not visit if you have flu symptoms, fever or cough
- Wash your hands before and after visiting
- Follow the instructions of Heart Institute staff at all times
During the construction of our new facility, some parking options and access points to the Heart Institute building may be unavailable at certain times. Please see Our Expansion for updates.