Our patient guides will help you understand specific heart conditions and medical procedures, as well as how to improve your heart health. Whether you are a patient, family member or caregiver, they are useful references and places to track important information.
- Cardiac Catheterization & Angioplasty
- Cardiac Surgery Guides
- Complex Ablation
- Electrophysiology Studies and Standard Ablation
- Heart Transplant
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators (ICDs)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- TAVI: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implant
- Therapeutic Hypothermia (pdf)
University of Ottawa Heart Institute patient guides are available to other health care organizations for use and adaptation, by permission. For more information, contact the Communications Department.