Heart Wise Exercise works with fitness providers in your community to develop and identify programs and classes that are appropriate for people who want to stay healthy or who may be living with a chronic health condition.
The Heart Wise Exercise logo indicates programs, classes or providers that:
- Encourage regular, daily aerobic exercise.
- Incorporate warm up, cool down and self-monitoring with all exercise sessions.
- Allow participants to exercise at a safe level, and offer options to modify intensity according to your needs.
- Accept participants with various chronic health conditions, including heart disease. Physician approval may be required.
- Offer health screening for all participants.
- Have a documented emergency plan that is known to all exercise leaders. This includes the requirement of current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification, phone access to local paramedic services, and the on-site presence of an automated external defibrillator (AED).
Download the Champlain Region Brochure
Regional Manager, CVD Prevention and Rehabilitation Outreach