Dr. Girish Nair is an electrophysiologist in the Division of Cardiology at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and associate professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Ottawa.
Dr. Nair graduated from the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER- a deemed University), Pondicherry, India. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and Cardiology from the University of Delhi, India. He moved to Canada in 2002 and completed a clinical/research fellowship in Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology from the University of Toronto and associated Toronto General Hospital. Dr. Nair has also completed his MSc in Health Research Methodology from McMaster University. He served in the faculty of the Division of Cardiology at McMaster University from 2004 to 2012.
Dr. Nair joined the Division of Cardiology at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute as an associate professor on October 1, 2012.
Dr. Nair’s current research interests lie in the fields of atrial fibrillation, sudden cardiac death and ventricular tachycardia with a specific focus on evaluating treatment strategies and knowledge transfer. His clinical focus is on complex ablations including atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia and arrhythmias in the grown up congenital heart disease population.
- Healey JS, Hohnloser SH, Exner DV, Birnie DH, Parkash R, Connolly SJ, Krahn AD, Simpson CS, Thibault B, Basta M, Philippon F, Dorian P, Nair GM , Sivakumaran S, Yetisir E, Wells GA, Tang AS. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in Patients with Permanent Atrial Fibrillation: Results from the Resynchronization for Ambulatory Heart Failure Trial (RAFT). Circ Heart Fail. 2012 Aug 14. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 22896584.
- Kaufman ES, Israel CW, Nair GM , Armaganijan L, Divakaramenon S, Mairesse GH, Brandes A, Crystal E, Costantini O, Sandhu RK, Parkash R, Connolly SJ, Hohnloser SH, Healey JS; ASSERT Steering Committee and Investigators. Positive predictive value of device-detected atrial high-rate episodes at different rates and durations: an analysis from the ASSERT trial. Heart Rhythm. 2012 Mar 19 [Epub ahead of print].
- Ha AH, Tarnopolsky MA, Bergstra TG, Nair GM , Al-Qubbany A, Healey JS. Predictors of Atrio-Ventricular Conduction Disease, Long-Term Outcomes in Patients with Myotonic Dystrophy Types I and II. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2012 Mar 4. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8159.2012.03351.x. [Epub ahead of print]
- Nair GM , Healey JS, Gordon E, Divakaramenon S, Morillo CA Catheter Ablation of Hemodynamically Unstable Ventricular Tachycardia in a Patient with Dextro - Transposition of the Great Arteries and Mustard's Repair.. Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J. 2011 Jul;11(4):120-5. Epub 2011 Jul 3.
- Divakaramenon S, Sumner GL, Ribas CS, Healey JS, Nair GM , Connolly SJ, Morillo CA Contralateral Pneumothorax in Left Sided CRT Device Implantation.. Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal. 2011. 11 (1): 16-19.
- Verma A, Sanders P, Macle L, Champagne J, Nair GM , Calkins H, Wilber DJ.Selective CFAE Targeting for Atrial Fibrillation Study (SELECT AF): Clinical Rationale, Design, and Implementation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010 Nov 18. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8167.2010.01959.x. [Epub ahead of print]