Sharon Chih, MBBS, PhD, is a staff cardiologist at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and Assistant Professor at the University of Ottawa.
Dr. Chih attended medical school at the University of Western Australia. After training in cardiology at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth, she completed a PhD at the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute in Sydney followed by a fellowship in advanced heart failure and transplantation at the University of Toronto.
She returned to Perth as a heart failure and transplant cardiologist in 2012 and subsequently joined the Heart Institute in 2014.
Dr. Chih is the lead of the Transplant and Pumps Innovation Cluster.
Dr. Chih’s clinical focus is heart failure and transplant.
Her research interests include allosensitization, antibody-mediated rejection and heart failure-transplant cardiac magnetic resonance imaging.
See current publications list at PubMed.
- Critoph C, Green G, Hayes H, Baumwol J, Lam K, Larbalestier R, Chih S. Clinical Outcomes of Patients Treated with Pulmonary Vasodilators Early and in High Dose after Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. Accepted for publication in Artif Organs 2015
- Alba AC, Tinckam K, Foroutan F, Nelson LM, Gustafsson F, Sander K, Bruunsgaard H, Chih S, Hayes H, Rao V, Delgado D, Ross HJ. Factors associated with anti-human leukocyte antigen antibodies in patients supported with continuous-flow devices and effect on probability of transplant and post-transplant outcomes. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2014
- Critoph C, Chih S, Baumwol J. The world's longest-supported HeartWare ventricular assist device patient: 6 years and counting on minimal anticoagulation. Artif Organs. 2014 May; 38: 434-5
- Chih S, Tinckam KJ, Ross HJ. A Survey of Current Practice for Antibody Mediated Rejection in Heart Transplantation. Am J Transplant 2013; 13 (4): 1069-74
- Chih S, Ross HJ, Tinckam KJ, McDonald MA, Isaac DL. A Sensitive Approach. J Heart Lung Transplant 2012; 31 (9): 1042-3
- Chih S, Ross HJ, McDonald MA, Isaac DL. Highly Sensitized Patients in Cardiac Transplantation: Early Outcomes from the Canadian Prioritized Organ Sharing Program. J Heart Lung Transplant 2012; 37 (7): 780-2
- Chih S, Chruscinski A, Ross HJ, Tinckam K, Rao V. Antibody Mediated Rejection: An evolving entity in heart transplantation. Journal of Transplantation 2012; 2012: 210210
- Chih S, Macdonald PS, McCrohon JA, Ma D, Moore J, Law M, Feneley MF, Kovacic JC, Graham RM. Granulocyte-Colony Stimulating Factor in Chronic Angina to Stimulate Neovascularization. A placebo-controlled crossover trial. Heart 2012; 98 (4): 282-90.
- Chih S, Macdonald PS, Feneley MP, Law M, Graham RM, McCrohon JA. Reproducibility of adenosine stress cardiovascular magnetic resonance in multi-vessel symptomatic coronary artery disease. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2010; 12 (1): 12-42.
- Chih S, Gersh B (2010). Stem cell therapy in myocardial injury. In Peter Thompson (Ed.), Coronary Care Manual 2nd Edition (pp. 385-392). Sydney, NSW: Elsevier.
- Chih S, McQuillan B, Kaye J, Beilby J, Hung J. Abnormal glucose regulation in an Australian acute coronary syndrome population: a prospective study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008; 81(3): 303-9.
- Chih S, Mckeown B. Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. Intern Med J 2007; 37(3): 197-8.